Little Genius Course for children under 6
* LITTLE GENIUS COURSE for <6s *
Did you know that we also teach music to children 0-6 years?
Our Teacher of the Week – Matyas Csiba – is the leader of the TMMS Early Music Learning. He teaches and creates the Little Genius course along with another great, warm and friendly teacher – Joanna Laboga.
The Little Genius course softly introduces children into the musical world, from the youngest age. The specialist lessons are individual weekly sessions, where a child learns about everything that we can learn about music, before the formal instrumental training. The graduates of Little Genius prove the effectiveness of this method and their new instrumental teachers report outstanding understanding of music and preparation for the challenges of instrumental learning.
Aims of the course:
• Preparing the student for instrumental learning
• Laying down the foundations of the student’s musicianship
• Learning music as a language which serves the student’s self-expression
• Enhancing all areas of student’s learning
This is achieved by learning:
• the basic musical terms and fundamentals of music (meaning and practical use)
• the basic fundamentals of musicianship (internal pulse, aural awareness, motor skills, singing)
• the basics of musical notation (reading, writing, playing/singing)
• the notes on the piano
• the instrumental families (practically, theoretically, historically)
• the basics of classical composition
• the basics of musical communication/interaction (in duo)
• the basics of improvisation (knowing one’s role in group improvisation and solo improvisation)
• the reaction for conductive impulses (preparation for reacting for conductor’s leads and direction)
• the overall feel of styles of classical music eras
• the open way of listening to others while playing or being an audience
• the basic aspects of performance
• the use of imagination in terms of sound and sound-worlds
• the conscious self-expression through music (because
students of the age under 5 tend to do it intuitively anyway).
All points above are learned through songs, rhymes, games, movement listening to live music played by the tutor (alternatively, listening to recordings if necessary). Each activity executed during the sessions serves the purpose of learning the mentioned areas of music, consciously or unconsciously. All activities trigger an important process on the path towards becoming an able musician in the future, and/or a person who understands the language of music in its depth. All activities are fun and play-based – the students usually do not notice that it is actually a learning process. All activities are carefully adapted to each individual’s age, abilities, interests, and talents.
It is so much fun!
Please choose the ‘Little Genius course’ when booking a free trial at TMMS for your under 6 years old child!